View Single Post
      10-20-2020, 06:01 PM   #3
PetieD 7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke View Post
Hey all, Newer G30 M550 owner, I've been debating "help" the sound of this amazing car with an aftermarket exhaust. AC & Remus both sound amazing but come at cost. They also impact the cars warranty, Dinan doesn't, but i've heard the sounds isn't a large enough gain.

I guess my questions are: Anyone with a Dinan able to post as to the true sound gains. And, folks with other aftermarket exhausts, what has your service & warranty experience been?

Cheers,
Recently, I had my 540i xDrive M-Sport (pre-LCI) installed with a Remus (cat-back) Sport exhaust system at an authorized BMW dealer. Although, I was informed the "cat-back" exhaust system should not impact the new car warranty unless the catalytic converter is removed and replaced with an aftermarket "catted or catless" downpipe or any ECU tuning for that matter.

As for the exhaust note/sound, any audio recording out there will not provide you with that true reproduction of sound when compared in-person experience. Basically, the recorded sound clips out there are pretty much in providing you with general idea of what the vehicle will sound like after the install. Just my very small $0.02 cents.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0