View Single Post
      03-22-2018, 02:43 PM   #1
lucek95
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335 XI

TCU, mulf broken aux+usb

Hi,
a while ago I asked similar question but this time I spent some time with it and took couple of photos. And prepared myself better for asking questions.

First of all I have S6FL USB/audio interface which should provide me working USB + AUX, right?
My car was built (after vin check) on 11.2007 and I have located the TCU unit in the trunk with one optical loop on the side which after disconnecting is turning of the audio in radio, so I think it was responsible for this to work.

I checked fuses in glovebox, nothing is blown. I replaced the usb/aux unit in armrest. I checked cables (looking allright).

Unfortunately my Usb+aux in armrest is not powered. I have Y cable and my phone is not charging (but is recognizing the cable). After switching to aux I have set it to max volume, also set max volume on the phone, but no result. The phone is iphone X, I tested it with 8 and 5s aswell but nothing seems to be working.

On first photo I have made three circles:
  1. it is radio (without it connected there is no sound)
  2. it looks like two fibres disconnected (no red light in any of them)
  3. it was disconnected hidden in package with other cables (don't know what is this responsible for?)

Above left back mudguard I have unit (read about it, looking like AMP) but I don't know really how to get it out, didn't find any instructional video etc. and I don't really want to break anything.

Thanks for any responses.
Attached Images

Last edited by lucek95; 03-22-2018 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0