View Single Post
      01-08-2021, 12:24 PM   #2774
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
15-20 minutes of specific stretches before getting out of bed and 15-20 minutes of specific stretches before bed (while in bed) for about 2 months, religiously, completely fixed my piriformis pain. After getting an MRI, it was shown that one of my lower back discs were bulging and it was triggering the pain. The pain was terrible, like a tooth ace but in my leg from below glute to down the toward my calf.

I also had pain in my forearm. I have stopped overtraining my biceps and forearms and I also make sure that when I am holding a dumbell or barbell or pullup bar, my thumb is wrapped around the bar, no more pain. Not sure if you by chance have any small children, but if you do, make sure that when you pick them up you are using your bicep, not your forearm. Same goes for holding them, use your bicep not your forearm.
What stretches were you doing? Maybe I haven't been doing the right stretches, or I'm over or under stretching. There was a period where I spent 2 weeks doing rigorous stretching and it only seemed to make my piriformis syndrome worse.

I'll try wrapping my thumb around the bars or handles. I have a tendency to not do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I'll second florida's comment in regards to the stretching. I had to rehab my lower back for near 6 months when I had sciatic nerve pain, it was awful. Some days I struggled to tie my shoes. Mingwan what kind of shape are you in currently if you do not mind me asking? I tend to attempt everything possible before I move to a more drastic treatment, thus if maybe losing a few pounds could provide some relief I would do that as well as the stretching first and foremost. The right front delt/upper pec pain sounds like more of a mobility issue to me. I'll get forearm cramping as well, but I usually just chalk that up to hydration.

It is difficult to recommend BPC-157 without knowing all that you attempted so far. The good news is that it is not like it can drastically affect your hormones or something to that regard (unlike PEDs). It is known to help with anti-inflammation, as well as other great affects. So in my eyes (again not a recommendation), it is relatively safe and effective. Another item I can not speak to is in regards to lasting affects of using BPC-157. It may be like a bandaid to an extent, unfortunately my experience with it is quite limited. Again, know of guys that have used it and stated that they were recovering, but it is difficult to determine how much of that reaction was due to placebo.
I'm not nearly in the shape I used to be, but I'm not overweight or anything like that. Since covid, I've lost about 20lbs. I'm pretty active. Workout for about 1.5-2hrs 4 times a week, and walk about 3-4 miles a day with my dog 4-5 times a week.

I guess I kind of feel like I'm in a trap. I think a big contributor to my lower back tightness and piriformis syndrome are my hamstrings. They're tight af. It's embarrassing how poor my flexibility. I legit can't bend over with my legs and back straight past 45 degrees without my hamstrings feeling super tight and causing tingling sensations in my feet. I also have a slight anterior pelvic tilt as well and I know the recommendation for that is not to stretch the hamstrings....So i guess a good starter in addition to doing what floridaorange suggested would be loosen my hamstrings up without making my anterior pelvic tilt worse.

I figured if BPC 157 was actually to be effective, I could use it as a bandaid to maybe reduce possible inflammation to help speed up recovery.
Appreciate 0