01-26-2021, 06:32 AM   #2789
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
That's cool, like you said if she's already in good shape it's a bonus.

I on the other hand want to throat punch my husband. He's needed to work out for years. He's gained weight and his blood work is getting out of hand. It wouldn't take much as he builds muscle pretty quick. I decided to help support him by trying various classes near our house. We tried 3 different places last week and Orange Theory he seemed to like the most. We did another OT class today and he didn't want to commit. We leave and he talks about how his schedule is never the same day to day. Mine isn't either but guess what, I find time & make it work. His next complaint was the cost. I don't see this going anywhere.

I'm so frustrated because no one helps and motivates me. I eat right and get up and work out because I feel better and like the way my body is toned. I'm getting snippy with him and legit want to punch him. Quit f'ing complaining. I don't love it each time I work out but I feel better over all and happy once I'm done. I guess I want this more than he does because I know from years of experiences the benefits. I don't know what else to do and feel like he should take the next step as I set every class up and went to each one with him.

If anyone here has had a significant other who wasn't motivated or you wanted to help, any ideas on things that worked to get them on board?
I've been here before, but I feel like I needed to walk a finer line as telling a woman that she needs to workout can be found as insulting lol. I think we are just built on different wave lengths. I've worked out for years know and throughout my fiance never really understood. Early in the relationship she thought I was trying to impress other females haha. But that isn't the case, like you mentioned it is all for myself. I want to feel better, look better, etc, and not to mention I love working out. It is a great relief for me.

When trying to get those who don't work out to try, the goal is to find something they don't mind doing. If they dread doing it, then the effort will not last long. If they start with something they don't mind, then eventually they could grow to like it even more and push themselves further. Like always, diet is 70% of the battle, if he is open to working on that first then the fitness can follow.

I've been through periods with her that she really complained about her weight, or how she felt, etc - but never made any effort to change anything. I'd offer advice, but again a fine line I would be walking, that would eventually just end in her being a little pissed at me. So at that point I just stopped caring and showed some tough love. If she complained about stomach pain from poor diet decisions I would just shrug and not say anything, eventually she got the point. If you aren't going to make effort complain to someone else lol. She would also make the excuse about schedule and things of that nature. So I ended up getting her a few things so she could work out at home, eventually she ran out of excuses. I haven't really said much about her working out, just giving her space and letting her do her thing!

Hopefully he will come to an understanding eventually. Especially if there are some minor health concerns. Wishing you luck!
Appreciate 1
rebekahb3130.00