Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Starting with 2017 model year BMW reduced scheduled maintenance from 4 year / 50K miles to 3 year / 36K miles. They also discontinued covering brakes, wipers and clutch in scheduled maintenance.

For $700, at time of purchase, you can upgrade your scheduled maintenance (ultimate care +) to include brakes, wipers and clutch (if manual). If you choose to upgrade to ultimate care + and keep your car longer than 3/36 you can later upgrade to ultimate care +1 or +2 or +3 or +4.

They even have a new ultimate care scheduled for $899 which upgrades the standard ultimate care from 3/36 to 4/50 but doesn't include brakes, wipers and clutch.

It's a bit of a cluster, but for most people I'd recommend at the very least the ultimate care+ upgrade for $700.. If you don't get it at time of purchase, you cannot upgrade later. And if you drive more than 25K odds are you'll be replacing the rear brakes (why the rears tend to go before the fronts on modern BMW's is a wonder...) and that'll cost you about the same as the plan.

Read here for more details:

https://bmwusaservice.com/ultimatecare
Does this apply to all of Ultimate Care upgrades? I can't get a straight answer on this...

Can you buy the +1,+2,+3+,4 upgrades at anytime before your 3/36K standard expires?

As my understanding is that Ultimate Care+4, for instance, includes everything in the $700 upgrade in addition to the time extension.
You must purchase the $700 base plan at time of purchase in order to be eligible for the + year upgrades down the road.