Dutt1113
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyDaddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutt1113 View Post
I was looking at used 2018 m550i or slightly used 2020 m340i. I don't lease aka rent and I don't buy new because cars are a rip-off new and depreciation is your friend with used cars so a 2020 m550i is out of the question. No car is worth to me what they charge new.
If you don't pay for car in cash your just renting from the bank as well, but with the liability of depreciation and a chance of getting hit by someone and being stuck with a car with bad car fax(aka large drop in resale value). Leasing is controlled and your free of liability and with fixed cost thru "renting". Your renting the car either way, either BMW holds your title or the bank does (again unless your wiring/cutting check in full)
good point. But I'm pretty sure the lease payment on a good spec 2020 m550i would be well over $1000 and I'm not willing to spend that much. At least with financing a car you have some equity after 5-6 years if you keep cars for 5-6 years like I do. I feel like when I mod up a car you've put your mark on it and it's "you". If the car has good features I like keeping for while and enjoying what I've done to the car for a long while.