03-12-2019, 03:33 PM   #16
Walesy
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day Hmmmmmm
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollpe View Post
My G31 has also used some coolant and it is also hesitating (intermittently) under gentle acceleration, especially from cold. I had the same issue with my previous F11 and the EGR valve / cooler had to be replaced. So I suspect it's the same problem.

It's booked in at the dealer in a couple of weeks time. As has already been mentioned there is a back log of at least a few weeks for a replacement EGR valve due to the recall on F series cars.

Whilst there are no specific recalls for the G30 in the relation to the EGR, it would appear that the problem is also affecting some of these cars as well.

As said earlier in the thread it's not normal for cars to use coolant under regular operating conditions. The only cars I've put coolant in for the past 300,000k miles have been the ones with a faulty EGR cooler!

Kick up mate...they were not going to do a thing with mine until I raised concerns and said what I said. If it does need topped up, they will be out to top it up. . Mine passed the pressure tests and the camera inspection.

Anyway, if your car is not had the recall and its found to be at fault or suspected, they will prioritise you..mine was meant to be away for a few weeks but only took 4 days total.

One thing I have noted, the car starts better in the morning. I had a concern that the cars 'cold start' was not coming in and idling too low thus rough idle until it picked up. So far, this seems to have been cured also with the change, the revs pick up now towards the 1k rpm.

Its a South Korean manufactured part apparently.