bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
I'm also surprised to read that most of the BMW winner points here are focused on its looks and design rather than performance and technical features!!!
Ofcourse, the 2 series is a much better looking coupe, but is that enough to win the game?! If I wanted a better looking car, why bother paying G's more and get a M?? I would just opt for a normal 2 series.
Probably M-B fans are laughing at us reading how impressed we are with M2's "bumper and interior design"...and not looking at technical features and how M-B's impressive technical performance is winning in every corner (if not a tie).
BMW needs to smell the coffee again soon before falling into a ME2 position...that's my 2 cents.
The CLA45 AMG is a full-boat AMG car. The M235i is $4,000 less, and is an M-performance model, not a full M-car. If you look at the option list on the CLA45, you can see that the base price is meant to bring you in the door. I bet the ASP (average selling price) of the CLA45 is more than $4k higher than what the M235i is after a year in the market.

So we have to accept right out of the gate that this comparison isn't necessarily about raw performance, because we're comparing dissimilar cars with respect to their performance trim. However, we can get a feel for how the (hopefully) upcoming M2 will compare to the CLA45 in terms of appearance. IMO, it compares very favorably. The CLA design has some merits (some great lines), but it has some real warts too. What's with the MASSIVE overhangs? Bleh.

If you only care about how a car performs, then Ford Mustang GT owners are sitting back and laughing at both of us. There are cars that outperform both the CLA45 AMG and the M235i, and they do it at a lower price point. Caring about the appearance of your car isn't some kind of enthusiast blasphemy.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0