View Single Post
      11-25-2018, 12:03 PM   #30
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

@Jelston , should've reach out to me.
RaceChip just recently open their office in the US.
I have been selling RaceChip over 3 years now and I work closely with them.
And I have the same capability as their US office since I work closely with them.
My apology that you got misinformed by them, it could be lots of reasons.

To clarify your statement, only the App function didn't work, right? The module itself still working as far as bumping up the horsepower, am I right?

App wise, you will need specific module that have the Bluetooth Chip embedded. It is not software based that can be turned on or off. So during your ordering, you will need to specify whether you want the App function or not.
Yet, the App function is not available on all vehicle application. RaceChip engineers who decides which vehicle that's capable to use the App function or whether they have developed the App function.

In your case, N63 series engine (covers N63 and N63tu) doesn't have App function available.
I have pushed them and mentioned to their management everytime we are having a meeting.

As you mentioned though, App function is just a matter of convenience. Once you have it set to the map that you like, you will never touch it or change it.
Like myself, since I installed it the first week I got my G30 540i in 2017, I rarely change it.

I have used and sell and installed a few other piggy back brands, and RaceChip has been my favorite in the past 3 years. Some of my customers even switched from other brands, even OBD2 flash tunes to RaceChip.
They have a great product and great customer support. Just sometime there is miscommunication.
Don't get me wrong though, their English are great, just some are not translated in simple non technical word for normal people to understand.
I can understand it since I also have engineering and manufacturing background.

I hope this answer and clears some confusion here.
I hate to see a good product gone bad just because of misunderstanding.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0