Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinch9292 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlover06 View Post
Is there any issues? Or does it work like a OEM version?

Did service had a software update on your car after retrofit? Is there a need of recoding or you can use it as an OEM accessory and update of software] etc are not an issue at all?
As far as i know, all parts are original BMW, and it works exactly like out of the factory. Recoding is required.
however, if you happen to/need to go back to the dealer for some major updates, this might cause some trouble coz the dealer uses the BMW system to diagnose the vehicle configs, it will detect unmatching config resulting the updating process unable to continue. (this is what happen to me, BMW system can even tell the order no for the retrofitted control unit).
To overcome this, i just need to disconnect the cables of the retrofitted surround-view camera control unit.
ONce dealer finished with the updates, RePlug-in the cables to the camera control unit and recoding are required to resume the surroundview function.

[IMG]https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1558504071[/IMG]
Im pretty sure when dealer updates software they pull configuration from vehicle. If the retrofit hardware is VO coded correctly, there should be no problem with dealer updating software / iStep level. However, in cases where the update fails (not uncommon) then dealer pulls vehicle configuration from their system which pulls vehicle options based on original order. In this case you would have a problem when the retrofit module mismatches the stored vehicle options in the BMW system.

In summary, if you retrofit hardware, pray your iStep updates go smoothly the first time.