Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Fox View Post
My old SA is an awesome guy, he would cover anything under warranty without a question, take me back to the shop to see interesting cars getting worked on, introduced me to his family when they'd come in...

Edit: If they wouldn't even let you ride in your own car during a test drive, that dealer is either hooning your car or not even really testing it. Move on from them.
That's a cool SA to have! I have heard all the excuses to either delay, or not replace anything from the master tech. For the various rattles I have, he said they not gut the car to fix them all, they ended up fixing the center dash rattles only. The creaking sound from the suspension, he said they didn't get authorization from BMW to replace and re-torque the stretch bolts and now for the third issue they refused me to drive my car in the road test for the false tire pressure alarms.

I had a 20mn talk with the master tech and he wouldn't be straight with me about why he doesn't want me driving my car during the road test. He eluded to that they don't do that and that they discuss things and they want to do their thing.

I thanked the SA who's a young nice guy and told him I am off to another dealer.
I cancelled my appointment and now the Director of the service department called me up and left a msg. But I am gonna try another dealer and see if it's any better...
Appreciate 1