Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
My last 2 have been excellent and have both also been the Service Manager. No matter who they are, I have to break them in with the following rules.

1. Tell me the info, straight. No BS. EVER.
2. Test drive only three miles. If it is 3 miles and 1 foot, I am in the vehicle. Non-negotiable.
3. I can walk in and check on my vehicle at any time while it is under your care. Again, non-negotiable.

Once they learn these three simple rules, everyone can exist in harmony!
Cheers-mk
I like those rules! But it's not as straight as that, however on the next trip to the new dealer, I'll sure try your method and meet the service director first. But they will all tell you their service is the best, blah blah.., and it's only when it's out to the test that you discover really how their service is. My expectations though are that M service should be above par as the car has a bit of unique parts and components but it looks like all techs receive the same training.

My ex dealer like many others didn't even know there are firmware updates that could be applied to the car and most M annoyances were either dismissed or after few trips not resolved.
Appreciate 0