NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCL_24 View Post
Yes sorry if I wasn’t clear - they did email me the service records excluding the prior owners name. Honestly they were less informative than carfax. And those brief service records did not include any mention of tire replacements at all. I will need to press them a little bit when I go in person.

As for the CPO, yes it is… which is peace of mind for sure. They did replace 2 tires during the CPO inspection because of lower than spec tread life. That’s awesome… but prior to that 3-4 tires had been replaced at anywhere from 4K go 20k miles. All I was hoping for was for them to acknowledge that and give me a better answer than “well you know if the prior owner drove the car hard or hit a lot of potholes this is definitely possible.” And yes those were their exact words… I mean isn’t that just a lack of salesman training to not say things like that?

I feel like I’m probably annoying you guys at this point being nitpicky. It’s been a long week of work and I expected better.

If I’m not satisfied I can very easily walk away and quit bugging you guys for reassurance lol. But of course I’d love to buy this car and that keeps me interested, I just don’t want to regret my purchase by overlooking anything. Attention to detail…a gift and a curse. I do find myself scrutinizing most large purchases I make so I can’t be too surprised this is no different.
You're not annoying anyone. I've bugged the hell out of this place over smaller details. Most of us are like that, that's why we are here! Haha

You're right, the sales effort is lacking. That's probably what 2 years of no effort required selling does to a place. I get your frustration. You're spending a lot of money and you want that to be recognized.

If the tire replacements are the only issue, I wouldn't let it kill the deal for me. These aren't tanks and if you drive like you're in one, you'll screw up a tire. It's the only thing that was easier about driving the Tahoe - big E rated tires and could run over anything and keep trucking. Maybe the previous owner was just shitty at avoiding potholes, curbs, debris.

If the other service records are clean, I wouldn't let the tire issues or lazy salesman prevent me from buying a car I want. Especially if you like the price and the trade value. Just my two cents.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 0