View Single Post
      03-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdss6 View Post
I'd (sort of) like to believe it is true that BMW has intentionally made even the sportiest version of the regular 3/4-series line numb, rather than the current product being the result of lack of ability. Though it's not actually very comforting that all of the engineers with enthusiast inclinations are so overruled. Yes, the masses probably do indeed want cars reflecting different tradeoffs than enthusiasts. But would "the masses" not have enough cars tuned to their numb preference if the base, luxury line, modern line and even regular sport line were all this way, to meet wider sales targets? And just one single model - the M-sport with further optional suspension - was tuned to provide proper feedback, to ensure sales to enthusiasts? Assuming BMW knows how anymore. Anyway, I find little comfort in this being a conscious decision.

And still hope the M3/M4 will be dramatically better.
You're preaching to the choir , there are so much soft choices but they still made the F10 M-sport uber isolated and even the M5 is isolated. The F8X will be the only focused car left if it is which I think it is. Too much prestige to throw away rides on this car.

M-sport packages are mainly cosmetics today.

Last edited by solstice; 03-01-2014 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0