View Single Post
      09-16-2014, 04:41 PM   #11
haloeight
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m235i xd perf. ed'n

I was really keen on the 1st set (624Ms) myself - all the press kit photos had it and I liked the "lightning" / "tuning fork" design / contrast between silver and gray parts. First set of wheels that I really got excited about in a while, enough to the point that didn't second guess the cost.

I found out the particular vehicle I ordered was coming with 405Ms and couldn't swap out for the 624Ms. Was initially disappointed, possibly some potential after the fact rationalization going on, but I've grown to like them more.

I got a look at the 624Ms in person and they don't quite look the way they did in pictures - the gray forks aren't that recessed as they look in some pictures. Still great wheels, and can see the 405Ms are polarizing, but I like the more "technical" look to the 405Ms with the more jagged angles. They also seem to be a newer wheel and not really on too many other builds, so stand out. For my particular car I think the black on black with silver accents works.

Posted some pictures to the wheels thread and my thread but posting here for comparison in case it helps, but sounds like you're decided.

I don't think you can lose either way Congrats on the wheels.

Appreciate 0