Drives: F32 435i, E92 M3, S550

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Allow me to retort
BMW has nothing for any of these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibaholic101 View Post
regarding the SLR, it is by far the worst supercar ever made, i have had significant driving time with it, and it just drives like crap and cant handle at all, fast in a straight line though
Yes, BMW doesn't have counter parts for the black series, it doesn't have a DTM, and it doesn't have anything close to an SLR. And yes the SLR might not be the most agile car ever and the Mercs doesn't come in a manual either. So what? Mercs such as the SLR and the black series are aimed the customers who wants exclusivity, and performance gain might not be their sole concern. BMW, on the other hand, are aimed at people who seek fun and spirited driving, and might not be willing to pay double the price just to get the extra bit of bragging rights.

The S-class is still comfortable as hell as it should be; CL65 owners can still blaze through continents in total luxury. It is needless to say here that the 3 series, M/// or not, can still put that smile on the driver's face when ever he encounters a section of curvy back road; dads can still teach their kids heel-toe in an M5. And unless you are a weekend warrior that qualifies on Saturday and race on Sunday, super cars such as the SLR have only one purpose: to turn heads. The SLR does that perfectly. They all still do what they were built for. And I love them both for getting their job done.

Current: BMW F32 435iA M-Sports; BMW E92 M3, M-DCT; Mercedes W221 S550 4matic; Ford Fiesta ST; Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R
Retired: BMW E93 323iA; BMW E85 Z4 3.0i, SMG; Lexus IS 250 AWD; Lexus GX 470; Mercedes W203 C230 Sportscoupe; Peugeot 206 S16; Peugeot 206 RC
Appreciate 0