View Single Post
      05-27-2020, 01:32 PM   #239
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I was buying beer last week at one of the little shops near here. Masks are mandatory here in stores. I was at the checkout when a lady came to the door, "do I need a mask?" Guy at the counter waved her in. I told him if he does that again when I'm inside the store I will not be back. He shrugged. So now I need a new place to find Troeg's.
Masks aren't mandatory in Kansas City. The only place I can think of that's requiring them of customers is Costco. When going into stores, I'd say about 30-50% of the customers are wearing them and that number seems to be dwindling. Most store employees are wearing them, but many have them pulled down below their nose or they pull them completely off when no one is around. Of course, then their potentially contaminated hand re-seats the mask when a customer comes up.

I have a handful of employees that have had to do audits at smaller manufacturing facilities in KY, MO, and KS over the past two weeks. My staff said they were the only one wearing a mask and it seemed like business as usual at the facilities and towns they were visiting, meaning hardly any masks (except for most elderly), no real social distancing, etc.

Numbers in the Midwest are going down overall which is great. There have been a few major outbreaks at meat packing plants in western Kansas and north KC which really inflated our numbers by the thousands, but a whopping 70% of those workers that got it were asymptomatic which is great too. It also makes me wonder just how many have really been infected when the CDC says 40-50% of those infected are asymptomatic and the recent meat packing plant data is showing an even higher percentage.

Last edited by XutvJet; 05-27-2020 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0