MXNSITH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5C, 2019 i3 REX, 2010 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremycloud View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremycloud View Post
I've asked my local dealer in Houston, TX to price a '19 M550i custom loaded ($93,325 MSRP) BMW. He gave me the usual line that all dealers get a very limited allocation of 1 - 2 a month and since most are customs, they command MSRP pricing. Because I've bought there before, he generously offered to cover the $995 destination charge.

Are these limited availability issues real? If so, do they really affect pricing or is this all BS? Is the deal I should be expecting still 6-10% below MSRP or $2,000 below invoice?

Thanks!
Thank you all for the advice! Here's what I got. After getting with 4 dealers, the best deal was 6% off MSRP, exclusive of the manufacturer discounts. I'll get back to that in a second. On a 36/10 they quoted 0.00228 and 60%. Now I was quoted 0.00222 a couple days before, but this dealer said the rate just went up. I'm not so sure. Any conflicting info?

Now on the the conflicting info about the manufacturer specials. All the dealers quoted 4k off on a purchase financed through BMW and 2k off on a lease. The difference is that the seller with 6% off said that while I'm not committed to the custom build until delivery, I'm also not guaranteed these manufacturer discounts - I only get the discounts offered at the time of delivery. This is totally contrary to what I hear elsewhere, which is that I get the discounts offered today and if they get better by delivery, I can take advantage of that. BMWUSA was of no help clearing up the issue - they referred me to the dealership's sales manager. When I asked the sales guy about it, he pointed to the offer and that it says it expires 1/31/19 and that I'm not entering into the lease/purchase until the car is delivered. … I find it kind of ridiculous that you could order a custom car only to find out that it's 4k more expensive when it's delivered. Do any of you have any information on this issue??
Not an M550 but when I placed my order for mine in November, the dealer and I agreed on price and financials, both signed copies and when the car arrived they took a look to see if any incentives got better. The only thing we didn't agree on before were extended warranties and whatnot but that didn't matter to me.

I would never order unless I had a guaranteed price on delivery. This was my second BMW order and I experienced the same both times. Based out of CA.
Appreciate 0