01-18-2020, 06:19 PM   #47
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
I tried riding a bike, and I'm afraid I found it boring......sorry. I was a runner for years, and I loved it but my knees aren't good for it now. I remember when I started dating my wife, she worked for Nike (IT director) and she was a running fool, part of the culture...we met living down the street from one another so she would call me at 4:30 in the morning to go for a run, I am not a morning person and was working rotating shifts which she never really seemed to understand but I wanted to be a good guy so would run with her....god damn. She did 8KM every morning and ran like a mad person.....I never lost a foot chase in 30+ years but my style was very different....I won by attrition not sprinting. The things we do to get laid.....
I ran for years in the Army but always hated it. I could never run with light steps. It always felt like I had 2x4s strapped to my feet. I tried running again in my late 30s and wrecked my shins and tendons. Never tried again after that. Aside from the usual quad soreness, riding doesn't bother my legs at all.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 4
Salty Dog3572.50
N54Yankee2706.00
Dang3r12508.50
MKSixer34173.50