View Single Post
      09-20-2018, 09:10 AM   #5
CntryClub007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i | 2015 X5-50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhammer View Post
I have an xDrive 40i on order, week 40 build.

It includes 4HA Front and Rear Heated Seats ($350), and 4HB Heated Front Seats Armrests and Steering Wheel ($250). I wanted 4HA (and not 4HB), but was told at time of order that 4HB was a requirement to get 4HA. I didn't see that logic in the ordering guide, but I was fine with the extra option/cost.

As I understand it..I've not had this verified, but my common sense reading of the ordering guide says:

ZDY Driving Assistance Professional Package ($1,200) includes 5AU Active Driving Assistant Pro and 5AR Extended Traffic Jam Assistant for limited access highways. ZDB Driving Assistance Plus Package ($1,200) includes only 5AU.

Looking at the EOP and SOP dates, I infer that all builds through November will get ZDB and those thereafter will get ZDY. Same price. Only difference is that BMW is adding 5AR beginning in December.

Whether or not you want to shift your slot to a later date becomes a question of how much you'll value/use 5AR. According to the ordering guide, 5AU includes Traffic Jam Assistant, presumably just not for "limited access highways."
Yes - thanks for confirming my original post, that is also how I understood the options and timing.

I'm going to call BMWNA and figure out what 5AR is all about. More to report soon. Let me know how you like your X5 when you get it. Looks like a great refresh of an already awesome vehicle.
Appreciate 0