View Single Post
      06-16-2014, 10:14 AM   #5
AreOut
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Been running Valentine 1 with Laser Interceptor for a long time now and both of those combined with Waze on the iPhone while driving, is almost an unbeatable combination.

The V1 is great in most U.S. States but there a couple of drawbacks. It is not a great system for use in Virginia because it doesn't have anti-VG2 or anti-Stalker features. The V1 has no great defense against Instant On Radar either. The Bel StiR+ system fills that gap though. It has anti-radar detector capability and can defeat instant-on radar, the downside is that it doesn't give directional warnings like the V1 does.

http://store.gahighwaysafety.org/law...asp?itemid=400

I would say that Waze has now been responsible for over 50% of me avoiding a speeding ticket. I take every reported Cop car on the App seriously, although not every report is real.

I would say that Waze saves me about 70% of the time. Radar saves me about 15% of the time, Laser Jammers saves me about 2% of the time, and the other 13% of the time is just me driving smartly, knowing when and when not to try to drive spiritedly, and ALWAYS looking 360 degrees around me for cops. The Laser Jammers are just icing on the cake really though and have only really seriously saved me once in over a year with driving with them. The rest of the time I was actually lasered I wasn't even speeding. The Laser Jammers were the most expensive investment for me and that's even with doing a self-install. Usually installs for Laser Jammers cost anywhere between $1,000-$2,000 dollars, and that's just for the install. A Valentine 1 will average about $300 bucks, while the Waze App is FREE. A Bel StiR+ system will run you a couple of grand for system cost and install as well.

Oh and I haven't had a speeding ticket in over 9 years and have fully explored the limits of the F10 M5 in the United States of America with extreme prejudice.

My best single piece of advice I can give you though is never speed on the highway at night. If a Highway Patrol is not running radar while driving behind you, there is no way to know that he is there because it is dark and you can't see him otherwise. Also, never fly-off a highway on ramp at excessive speeds merging onto the highway. 5 times out of 10 there will be a Highway Patrol already on the highway behind you just as you merged onto the highway. Those aren't good odds.

This is just my experience, others results may vary. Good luck.
Yupp, V1 + LI is a good combo, however here where I drive they don't use stationary radars at all only lasers so LI would suffice

also if you didn't have V1, that LI would save you a lot more often than just one time
Appreciate 0