View Single Post
      08-30-2017, 01:49 PM   #73
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by atam1980 View Post
Floyd was toying with Conor from the fourth on, yes. But in the first two rounds, as I said, at distance, Conor landed some solid counters and jabs. I had him winning the first two rounds. Granted, it was probably Floyd's intention to get Conor to blow his load in the first few rounds, he was still able to defend against a lot of Floyd's straight rights to the head and body.

He didn't figure out the MMA's fighter's punching power was lame, what he did was wait until Conor gassed before he started comfortably walking him down. By the time Floyd switched from head movement to high guard, Conor was already throwing the patty-cake shoulder punches.
This is what I saw as well
There IS KO power in MacGregor's left but its not there the full fight
the strategist that is Mayweather played the safe game
stayed away from the KO gave him different looks early
then became more aggressive in later rounds once Macgregor's Ko power was waning
this was a simpler gameplan for Mayweather unlike his others against the likes of Dela Hoya & Paciao
this shouldnt have been a TKO imo and couldve gone the scorecard
this means Macgregor did quite well considering if even mentioned in the same paragraph as a Paciao and Delahoya
The Irishman should be proud
..and of course the rematch will be even more lucrative

I expected the Irishman to maybe just maybe put him in a submission hold in the last round knowing he was down in the cards and get a disqualification
Appreciate 0