View Single Post
      07-04-2019, 10:05 PM   #19
modthispny
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 540i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoze View Post
The link I posted talks about their dyno testing on two separate machines, as well as how they lowered the tune for retail after press car testing. Would I love to see a video and reports of the tests, sure. The car is way underrated by BMW, that's a fact.
ksoze AddyDaddy

Don't think the "issue" with Dinan is the wheel HP figures they are claiming for the n63tu2 M550i, more so the at crank figures with the 20% awd drivetrain loss which may be a bit inflated.

Dinan measured 430/490 hp and torque stock to the wheels, and an independent tuner I found on IG measured 427/457 hp and torque stock to the wheels; so while Dinan torque is a bit higher, the hp is on the money.

Just to compare, Gintani (fairly reputable tuner in so cal) measured 460/515 hp and torque to the wheels stock, so by seeing these the n63tu2 dyno numbers are believable.

In general I feel everyone for these AWD tt v8s are using 20-25% drivetrain losses which is why the "700hp" numbers are being thrown out for stock E63s's and M5 competitions. More than likely with these cars the drivetrain losses are not as much as everyone is claiming, and really nobody will know the exact losses for these drivetrains.
Appreciate 0