12-03-2019, 12:43 PM   #13
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserchuck View Post
I have been looking to lease a 530e, but the front seat seems uncomfortable to me. My legs feel pressure from the bolsters on the seat bottom, no matter how I adjust the seat. I sat in other BMWs, including the 330i and the X3, and did not have a similar problem. I also sat in a 530i, and did not have the problem. The 530i had the power cushion extender, while the 530e did not. I sat in several 530e's, and experienced the issue in all of them.

Has anyone else noticed this issue, and if so, do you know of anyway to remedy it? I really like the car, but the seat does not seem to be for me, for some reason.
There is no difference between the seats in different G-30s based on the type of seat in the car (i.e., a sport seat in a 530i is the same as a sport seat in a 530e). But there are differences between the types of seats and the upholstery on them.

I agree with many of the other posters that you want the nulticontour seats. That is what I have. I also have the Nappa upholstery and it is softer than the Dakota or Sensatech.

Again, the seats in a 530i will be the same. My suggestion is go back and seat in different types of seats and different upholsteries and make your decision based on that. If you are comfotrable in a 530i, you should be equally comfortable in a 530e.

BTW, the multicontour seats have power adjustable thigh bolsters so that might make a difference.
Appreciate 0