View Single Post
      10-01-2015, 11:15 PM   #1
AnujS2K
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 ED 08/12

Baltimore Downtown - safe for car?

Hi Mid-A! I'm from NJ/NYC.

My work may lead me to Hunt Valley for a year to two years. Hunt Valley is 15-20 miles North of Baltimore.

In anticipation of the relocation, I have several questions that I hope you guys can help me on.

The first one being, where is a good area to live? I will be renting as it is only 1-2 years before I return to NYC. I would prefer a better location than a larger space. It will only be me so a studio or 1br is plenty. From the research I have been doing, it appears that the Inner Harbor area is the most lively? Fairly safe?

I would be interested in being in the center where many things are within walking distance (bars, restaurants, points of interest, etc).

How is the commute north from here in the morning? How is the return trip? Are the road conditions pretty good? Snow/winter tires a must? I will not be bringing my S2000 for the Winter and will be using my F80 M3. My work has a train stop 2 blocks away in Hunt Valley so if it's a really bad idea to drive, I can take the train if there is one but I would prefer to drive.

I would be looking for a place with secure parking which is very important to me, I would assume many of the buildings there would offer that. Pardon my ignorance but will the M3 be ok in downtown Baltimore? Should I consider just living closer to work due to this?

Anyway, hope you guys have some insight for me! Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0