LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilandgas View Post
I'm going to see if I can get someone to try coding this on my 2020 M550. As a responsible adult, I don't need a warning for every little thing. It's bad enough that plaintiffs lawyers have caused stickers and warnings for everything to protect the stupid people who, for example, apparently didn't realize McDonalds hot coffee was actually hot.
I will disagree with you here... If you operated your car on a closed track I would agree that you should have absolute say, but you're likely not using your car as a pure track toy and are putting it on public roads. Pushing the system outside of the limits they designed it for adds the risk that you'll cause an accident which impacts third parties who are not deciding to shoulder that additional risk. These systems aren't perfect and are easily confused. Like the Tesla that drove its owner into a highway divider at 71MPH and killed him...

I mean the driving assistance stuff is great and works nicely already when in traffic. But it isn't a substitute for actually driving... Why do you need it to turn you fully into a passenger? A BMW is made to be driven...
Appreciate 0