Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
anyone picking the GTS over the GT4 cayman falls into one of these categories:
  • Want to have the "limited edition" exclusivity of the GTS
  • Don't plan on doing serious tracking with the cars
  • Have never driven a GT4 (or a Cayman R as an alternative) and have no clue how these cars perform in the track
  • Posers who want to claim they have the more "expensive" car.

I love what BMW did with the GTS in terms of performance and such, but at that price range, the GT3 and other similar offerings are much more appealing.

me, personally, I'd take this beauty anyday of the week, and thrice on sundays (on a track)

I am picking a GTS over the GT4 for none of the reasons that you stated and I have driven a GT4 both on track and on the street.

I track a lot in our short season with over 20 days at the track this year with my M4
The GT4 is way overgeared for serious track duty with the amount of power & torque that is has.
I really think the GTS has the ability to be a very good track car and do intend to use it to its potential.My M4 so far has been quite good at the track with only brake pads & tires as the mods.
The only things that I am not happy with is that the CCB 's are standard and I will change to steels before seriously tracking it and the seats with no belt pass through.
Curious to know what made you choose the GTS over a GT3, is it because of the exclusivity of owning 1/300, pricing and availability of the GT3, or you simply think the BMW is the better car maybe!? I'd really like to ear what an actual buyer has to say about that since people are pretty unanimous here, me included, on the fact that they would get a GT3 over a $135k M4. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0