View Single Post
      11-12-2006, 07:48 AM   #6
JaredM
Rep
Drives: M3

Mike: Thanks for the run-in tips, I've been wondering about this for when my car arrives.

red355: I'm thinking about the service and service and maintenance packages also. I'm fairly sure I'll be keeping my car for 60k miles and even if I don't I'm certain it'll help come resale because it really will mean fewer costs for a potential buyer.

I'm factoring in the likely increase in service costs (already BMW labour rates are around £100/hr and they are only likely to increase over the next 3-5 years).

One thing I want to know is who actually pays for work carried out under this package: BMW GB or the dealer? The reason this is important is if the dealer is effectively underwriting this package then they *could* be tempted to cut corners which would make me worry whereas if they're claiming off BMW directly they're more likely to do work that needs doing.

The other thing I've found is BMW dealers love to tell you to replace xyz when there may be no perfectly good reason... at least with this kind of package you're protected from some of that BS.

Its a shame tyres aren't included in the service and maintenance package, if they were it'd make it a no-brainer. Actually reading the T's and C's is interesting: They only state tyres are not included in the 5 year service and maintenance option which *could* imply that the 3 year option includes them?
Appreciate 0