Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Garage List
1972 Firechicken  [0.00]
1969 Toronado  [0.00]
1970 Camaro  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WretchedRefuse View Post
Rocket455 My understanding is that the car defines a "new trip" as its first use after at least four hours of being off. So for stops of less than four hours, it will remember the settings from what it believes is the current trip. I'm not sure if you can force the car to start a new trip or change the four-hour behavior through coding. Does this explain the behavior you are seeing?
Interesting, was unaware about the 4-hour mark. However, the thing is the inconsistency: about half the time with my short pitstops (10-15 mins at a gas station), the car will remember the previous drive mode, but other times it defaults to comfort. Also noteworthy is that the pitstop itself is a fairly consistent routine: the first drive of the day is almost always to my local Shell to get my coffee in the morning, which is about 1 mile/5 mins away, so driving distance/time/style is not really a variable here. Not seeing this as a problem that needs to be solved, just curious to see why/how the car decides on this.

Last edited by Rocket455; 03-09-2024 at 02:52 PM..
Appreciate 0