View Single Post
      03-12-2016, 08:38 PM   #10
YouAreMyWorld
///Project Aura
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White ///M-Sport 335i

I despise most V8 (about 99%) powered vehicles as I view the sound of a V8 as an obnoxious, unrefined, "Look at me", pompous asshole type attraction. Everyone and their mother around here tries to showoff (in the nonsensical type of way) whenever their vehicle has a V8 for whatever reason. I hear it far too often and I'm just personally not impressed, in fact I'm rather slightly annoyed whenever I hear one. There's rarely any definition to a V8 and the majority of them are merely loud, just for the sake of being loud, as opposed to being both loud with unique definition.

I find V10's to be the most pleasing and enviable of all engine configurations. Just the right amount of screaming pitch (not as much as V12's) and who doesn't love an F1 sound? V12's can be pretty hit or miss, and while they still sound great, some can be too "whiny" sounding and overall I find them to be behind the V10 in terms of the sound that's produced.

The S85 (BMW's first and only production V10) is without a doubt one of, if not the best sounding engine to me. Among the ranks of the Porsche Carrera GT and Lexus LFA.

My preference is as follows: V10, V12, I6, V8, V6.

My love:

Appreciate 0