SSJTrunks523
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328xic '11.0 M3 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Well, this isnt nascar now is it. And you write what you would do. As if the driver has all the power in the world. Its very simple, if your teamboss says let it slide and dont do anything stupid against that other driver or you make us look bad.... you dont do it. You seem to forget that F1 is a team sport.
There are dozens of cases of low respect between drivers in history. ever heard of prost and senna? They didnt gave eachother an inch and were willing to die for it so to speak.
And if you do all that, what do you think he'll do to you after that?
You havent put enough thought in this I think. You write this as if verstappen wanted to crash the other drivers. that's not the case.
So if you do something like that willingly, which you write here, there is only one who's loosing respect.....

To see how professionals go about this, look at how montoya once crashed in brazil...interesting connection in this case and how calm he was about that (and a lot of people here who speak with vengefulness feelings can learn a good lesson from this case). An error was made, thats it. And that was a really stupid error. but still not in the same league as doing something on purpose like you hint at. Now that is really unprofessional.
If those things happen at US nascar races, then that's clearly not at the same professional level as F1 racing. (I dont think I say something new here....)
The drivers have a commission, where they are supposed to work with the FIA. They are supposed to have power over their own safety, so yes that is a proper assumption to make. VES has aggravated a lot of big name drivers at this point.

NASCAR is stock car racing, which contact is expected. It is actually part of the sport. They have guidelines as to how long you can bump draft at different circuits. Bump and run. F1 is open wheeled racing, where contact is avoided at all costs. I heavily prefer open wheeled, but watch F1, Indy, IndyLights, GP when it is on here, Rally, RallyX, Nascar Sprint, Xfinity (Sprint Cup Light), NCWTS Truck, Trofeo, MotoGP, list goes on. Trust me, I know the differences. F1 is easily my favorite. Please do not take my interest in all forms of racing as being an ignorant American. I simply said NASCAR because that's the easiest way to point out what would happen if VES killed someone driving like he has been.

I believe Montoya actually said that Stock car racing was the hardest that he ever drove. Sliding all of the time. I don't have the experience to compare. Track with street cars and off road rally only.

Read above. VES said he will take Ferrari out before letting the pass. This is not caring at all about the safety of others. Saying things like that do not get you sponsors, and as you said this is a team sport. Being reckless does not make a team want you, no matter how good you are. If you are unprofessional, people will be unprofessional back. That's all that I am saying.

Please provide 1 example where no one respecting a driver was a positive point to his career.

Bump and Run: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_a..._(auto_racing) - as recently as 2016 when teammates Carl Edwards did this to Kyle Busch (reigning champion)
NOTE: NEVER TO BE USED IN OPEN WHEELED RACING

2011.0 E92 M3 M-DCT ZCP ZTP ZPP Black Wrapped Jerez Black + 2007 E92 328xic 6MT
2007 YZF-R6 + 2001 Honda Shadow ACE
1989 RS Camaro - HO 350, Dynomax headers, flowmaster AT exhaust, 4.56 gears
2015 STI Launch Edition

Last edited by SSJTrunks523; 08-31-2016 at 04:57 PM..
Appreciate 0