02-19-2021, 10:23 AM   #55
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
For anyone selling a house right now... why in the world would you be using a realtor? lol

They add 0 value and you can do everything yourself (the job in general is not needed in society)... plus you aren't pressured into any sales based on what they think.
You can debate if they are worth the money but the idea that they provide zero value is wrong. Like almost everything else you can save money with the DIY but it will require more work (this is the value they provide).

Same can be said for landscaping companies, house cleaning services, general house repairs, painting, etc. People pay someone else to do things when they don't want the hassle or don't know what they are doing.

I purchased a house last year and did it without a realtor but then hired a lawyer for some items and a lot of things that would have been taken care of by the realtor became my problem. The extra savings was the worth the money to me (and helped me win the bid), but it definitely required a lot more of my time.