View Single Post
      02-19-2021, 10:48 AM   #56
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
You can debate if they are worth the money but the idea that they provide zero value is wrong. Like almost everything else you can save money with the DIY but it will require more work (this is the value they provide).

Same can be said for landscaping companies, house cleaning services, general house repairs, painting, etc. People pay someone else to do things when they don't want the hassle or don't know what they are doing.

I purchased a house last year and did it without a realtor but then hired a lawyer for some items and a lot of things that would have been taken care of by the realtor became my problem. The extra savings was the worth the money to me (and helped me win the bid), but it definitely required a lot more of my time.
Like I said, if you do your research, you will find out most info is easily publicly available online... its mostly paperwork. If you like the convenience and don't mind paying a large amount, so be it.

I'll give you an example in Miami, you need a realtor to show you a condo that you are trying to Rent lol... And why would that be? It is because they have a strong corrupt lobby that forces that... just like the fraudulent HOAs in many of these buildings that work with them. This could easily be arranged with the owner over an email or the association could show you the place in 5 minutes... Again, a middle man that is not needed and is necessitated due to bad practice.

They are also partially responsible for driving prices up / closing costs due their lobbys and the current state of the market... they will tell you whatever they want you to hear like any other sales man. It's very close to the job of a outside recruiter to me who looks at linkedin; makes a few calls and somehow gets 20% of the person's salary in fees... when the same corporate guy makes 50k a year... i mean fukin lol.
Appreciate 0