View Single Post
      06-08-2021, 05:57 PM   #2
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
Has anyone swapped out just the exhaust tips on an M550i?

I was thinking about swapping out my rear diffuser and I was wondering if I could put on the quad tips without swapping out the entire exhaust system?

Overall I like how my car sounds and I don't wanna make it crazy loud but I wouldn't mind having quad tips instead of the OEM rectangular one.

I've seen quite a few aftermarket exhaust tips that are supposed to be for BMWs but I am curious if anyone here has swap them out and if it is easy to do or not.

I kind of like something that looks like this both of the diffuser and the tips I just don't wanna spend $3000+ for an AC Schnitzer exhaust! Besides I think that's too loud at most I would consider an X pipe or resonator delete and then just swap out the tips to make it look better
No idea if possible or not, but my guess would be no without an update to muffler or a bunch of work to stock muffler.

Put a Remus full system on my M550i. Here are pics of the stock exhaust tips area off my car, and the Remus one from underneath while it's on a lift for reference. Looks somewhat similar, but seems like the stock tips go much further back and might need to be cut off?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0