View Single Post
      05-22-2020, 06:28 AM   #34
jrstech
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by budjames View Post
According to my dealer, still no word from BMW as to when the M550i custom builds will start again. At this point, I'm probably going to wait until I can order a MY2021 M550i.

My current ride, a 2017 Audi S6, lease ends in mid-June, but I extended the lease 6 months so my new turn in date is mid December. It's month-to-month, so I can turn in before then if I can get a delivery. If no new BMW by December, I will have to buy my Audi and wait until next year. That's not all that bad, since I love my S6, but it is my 6th Audi, so time for a change.

I did drive a 2020 M550i a few months ago. I loved the way it handled and all of the new technology. I got bitten by the bug.

Shortly afterwards, I took a Tesla Model S for a test drive. It is wickedly fast, but the dashboard tech looks dated as does the whole car. The fit and finish of the Tesla was not up to the standards for a car costing $100k+. Kind of disappointing.

Happy Memorial Day to my fellow US citizens.

Regards,
Bud James
My dealer advised me this week that my '20 M550 which was scheduled for production in March and then pushed back when the factory shut down was cancelled, as were all M550's that don't have a scheduled production date now. If you have a production number call BMW customer service and they will likely tell you the same. Unless of course you get lucky but my order was received at BMW end of February.
'07 E92 335i (RET)
'89 E30 M3 (RET)
Appreciate 0