02-15-2014, 12:42 AM   #269
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANCEDE90335 View Post
Figured I'd share mine, about a year ago my boss rewarded me with a Rolex for 3 years of hard work and dedication. (an entry-level one) nothing near what some of you have, but very much appreciated.

[IMG]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t500/**********/img-thing.jpg[/IMG]

instagram: joshavery0615
Entry or not it really doesn't matter. There's little difference between yours and a DJ, Sub, Explorer or Milgauss. Even the Day Dates aren't that different other than that they show a day along with the date and that's a just a very minor complication, so minor it's not really considered one.

I know a lot of folks in the "watch world" like to "dog" Rolex, but I'm not one of those people. Rolex make very well constructed watches and super hardy watch movements. They aren't anything to look at like the movements of fancier watches, but they will put up with a hell of a lot harder use than many of those fancier ones.

I think the fact that they are so durable is why folks don't mind spending tidy sums on them. Their ubiquity and simplicity are also pluses as they make getting them serviced super easy, fast and convenient.

Little will tick me off faster than a pricey watch that stops working or someone telling me it'll be months before they can get my watch back to me when I have to send it for service. When they tell me it'll cost me $1500, I'm not too keen on that either.

All the best and enjoy your watch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0