bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Does BMW genius know whether or not the vehicle is on the ship or do they also have the delay in update as well?

My car reached the port on 4/5/19 and there was a ship leaving on 4/7/19 and 4/9/19. Again when I checked online, it still shows my car is at port.

However, I called BMW Genius on 4/9/19 at 8:30 P.M. to see if they might have any additional information. They said my car is at port still waiting for a vessel assignment.

So I'm pretty sure my car has not made either of the two ships since this is the update I received from the phone call.

Just wanted to know if BMW genius also have some delay with receiving information or it's pretty much accurate?
It might be accurate. My car sat for essentially 2 weeks at the port. I was calling the Genius about every 2 days. They didn't get any updated info until 2 days after the car left the port. I really think this is because of the worldwide release of the 3 series, especially the M340i. So there are just too many cars coming off the line and there's a big backlog.
Mediterranean Blue with Ivory White Nappa, Gray Poplar, Driving Assistance Plus, Premium, Exec, Parking Assistance, Heated Steering, Front+Rear Heated Seats, 20" Individual V-Spoke wheels 759i, 19" Style 786M winter wheels, Euro Amber Rear Turn Signals
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50