cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Funny, some of my family lives in Nor Cal. I feel worse for them having to deal with the constant threat of fires and possibly a huge earthquake. At least with tornadoes/blizzards, hurricanes etc you get a warning before they come or have an idea they are developing. We got chased out of a vacation spot two summers ago by the start of the Camp fire IIRC when I was out there visiting family. That was seriously scary shit.
I agree 1000% on the fires and earthquakes. I just didn't mention it because you didn't. Blizzards and hurricanes you get a few days notice. Tornadoes is what, minutes?

We got a tornado warning this past spring. It came up on my phone but I was sleeping and saw it the next morning. "Take cover immediately" I would have been toast. I wouldn't even know where to go. I don't have a basement and the bathrooms with tubs are on the 2nd floor.

The timing of this post is ironic. Monday night I looked at my phone to see the weather forecast. A few minutes later, I pressed the button to open the phone and under my location it said Tornado! And under now in the hourly it had a crazy twister thing. I was like WTF? It was clear, no rain, no wind. And then it was gone. I have no idea where that come from....