Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Yes, decent deal. However there's still another ~$1500 easy in wiggle room of you wanna push.

You're buying a 530e? Be sure to grt an extended warranty or plan to sell it before end of warranty. These cars have far too many electronic modules and the "e" versions are just way more complicated. Repair bills will be off the charts if you have to pay for post warranty repairs.
But the Extended Warranty can be purchased at any time before new car warranty expires. No need to pick it up on Day 1 since, unlike MB, it isn't fully refundable while the new car warranty is active.
The BMW extended warranty gets more expensive if purchased later. And I recall it's not the same version of the warranty. I read through the particulars earlier in 2019 when I helped a friend who purchased. I never purchase so it doesn't apply to me, therefore I'm a little rusty on the topic.

And on a purchase, I'd recommend buying the maintenance upgrade because if you don't at time of purchase your extension options later are poor by comparison.