View Single Post
      01-26-2020, 05:43 AM   #11
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesi View Post
I thought I was doing a good thing, but I ruined the tires on my 3 series by rotating. The car was extremely unstable on the freeway -- especially in the rain, the wind, and tire ruts. It didn't even feel safe.

I had the car aligned multiple times, which never helped. Ultimately got new tires -- which fixed the issue. Now I don't rotate.

Part of the problem is also that the runflat sidewalls are super stiff -- which I think makes the tires very sensitive to directional changes and wear patterns.

So, my advice is to not rotate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesi View Post
I thought I was doing a good thing, but I ruined the tires on my 3 series by rotating. The car was extremely unstable on the freeway -- especially in the rain, the wind, and tire ruts. It didn't even feel safe.

I had the car aligned multiple times, which never helped. Ultimately got new tires -- which fixed the issue. Now I don't rotate.

Part of the problem is also that the runflat sidewalls are super stiff -- which I think makes the tires very sensitive to directional changes and wear patterns.

So, my advice is to not rotate.
I rotate every 8000 miles, i have non rft. I will get 40,000 miles out of my tires because of rotation. Front outer corners wear most, rotating slows this down.
Appreciate 0