02-17-2020, 12:02 PM   #7
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcampo View Post
I don't keep cars long at all. It's a real problem, but I'll save that for another time.

I'm going to plan on ordering the full leather. I'm in no rush and to your point, I'll regret it if I don't.

I was debating between full leather and the B&W. I'm no music audiophile and mostly listen to talk radio any more. So, I'm going with full leather. I may spring for the ceramic controls. Debating on the self parking. I had it on my M4 and it was mostly a gimmick that I rarely used. Although the display key looks pretty cool.
The problems with remote control parking:

It is most useful in tight spaces but if you are parked in such a tight space, the guy next to you has probably already dinged your car. I think the main use of it is if you parked in a spot with plenty of room and some idiots pulled in on both sides of you leaving you no room to get into your car. Then it is, of course, helpful.

The other problem is that the display key is so dang large. If the main use is the very occasional use I described above, it would be a pain to carry the key around all the time for the once every two year occurrence.

I actually passed on the ceramic controls and I have seen reviews that said that they can cause reflection problems.

I don't know how else you are configiuring your car but you might want to consider adaptive dampers if they are not already in your build.
Appreciate 0