View Single Post
      01-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #49
schnell330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

I had a lot of bmw "moments" before I was of driving age but the biggest one was during a party my parents were throwing at my house when i was about 10 and a family friend asked if i wanted to go take a ride in his car because he knew that i liked cars. It turned out he had a gorgeous big black 740il ('94) and even when sitting still in the driveway, i knew it was something special compared to my parents sl560 and sel560. I remember thinking i had never seen such a cool looking "cockpit-ish" interior and loved how everything was covered in black leather with stitching on the dashboard and center console between the seats. As he drove normally down the streets, ill never forget how he was in mid-sentence when all of the sudden he floored it without warning and i was pinned in a seat for the first time ever. To me at that age it felt like he got up to 200mph when he really probably got up to 80 but i was hooked. He slowed down but went on to drive very briskly on the twisty road back to my house which sealed the deal. When we pulled into my driveway he told me not to say what we had done to my parents, that it was our little secret. When i got my learners permit and started driving my parents cars, i tried to re-create the same experience on the same roads without any luck and wouldn't be able to until i got my beloved 330. Fast forward to now and I'm not only a BMW owner for life, but also do marketing work for BMW in california!

My car doesn't park, it waits

Last edited by schnell330i; 01-21-2010 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 0