View Single Post
      01-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #62
fdsasdasdf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

What got me into BMWs? At first, I didn't really pay much attention to them. My dad got a 2004 E60 530i as a company car. I couldn't ever drive it due to the whole company car insurance thing and I didn't know much about it; the name "BMW" didn't really matter all that much to me. I just knew that it was nice and probably pretty quick.

Then one day my mom let me sneak out and drive it with her since she knew that I've always wanted to drive it due to the "forbidden fruit" factor. I instantaneously fell in love with it the second I turned the wheel. The steering weight was perfect; the acceleration was so linear and I felt like I was going 20 mph when I was going 50 mph. It felt so planted to the road and its steering feel was just nothing short of perfect.

My friend got a 2006 E90 328i from his parents after his Jetta died. I drove it and couldn't figure out the difference between the E60 and the E90; the interior was strangely similar, the steering feel was just as perfect, but it certainly was smaller and more nimble. I then decided that all BMWs must be built with such awesome handling and steering feel from the two that I was able to drive.

Basically that's what got me into BMWs
Appreciate 0