CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxm6 View Post
Anybody experiencing issues with the Remote 3D camera feature? My car is 2 weeks old and it still has not worked yet. Dealer keeps telling me this is a known issue with BMW. Car still shows being in the Welt and each time I try an update it says the camera system cannot be enabled.
Don't worry.

The first month after I got mine, remote 3D view wouldn't update and it would show my car at the Welt as well.

I called BMW Genius and they had me go out to my car and cycle through some options in iDrive, at some point, he had me press the option button on the iDrive controller and it gave me an option to reset the connection (I don't remember where about I was in the menu when he told me to press the option button). Once I did that, I uninstalled the app on my phone and re-downloaded it and logged in. Needless to say, everything started right up and my car refreshed in remote 3d view within 20 seconds.

The app is spotty and could be faster and more reliable without a doubt, however, after the initial connection was reestablished, it's worked fairly well. I've used it less than 10 times though so if your someone who plans on using it daily, I most likely would be super frustrated with it.

Also, make sure that your settings in ConnectedDrive allow for the remote 3d view of your cameras. That could be your issue. Go out to your car and into the ConnectedDrive in iDrive. Make sure you allow the correct things.

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay

Last edited by CLABRO; 10-31-2019 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 0