03-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #30
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
It's almost always been better than Windows tbh. Hell everything innovative in Vista was just a rip of OSX. (Not that Apple/Microsoft didn't both steal ideas from Xerox way back in the day)
Now I won't go that far. Apple steals just as much from Microsoft as Microsoft does from Apple, but you know what, if that means we'll all continue to innovate, then it's for the better. So much innovation is killed because of pathetic patents from companies who are worthless in every way except for suing other companies that develop something new.

And I definitely wouldn't say that it's always been better. 10.4 was the first decent version of OS X, in my opinion, and 10.5 is by far the best they've ever made. To me 10.4 made OS X usable, and 10.5 made it enjoyable. And earlier than that it was like a big shiny toy that you just got to play around on, it wasn't really a decent OS for people who actually need to use the computer for things other than browsing the internet.

Like I said, my job is computers, I work with computers and support them all day long. I have absolutely no problem with Windows and Vista is by far the best version of Windows ever, however I was very impressed with my Macbook and OS X, finding that it's actually an OS I can use without wanting to shoot myself and go back to Windows. Linux is getting better also. It's not quite there, but it kept me using it for about 3 months last time which beats my previous record of about a week or two.
Appreciate 0