View Single Post
      09-17-2017, 08:10 AM   #1
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

change to "Build Your Own" on bmwusa

I've been playing with Build Your Own for the 530e for a couple weeks, as I get closer to a final decision. I noticed yesterday that the Build Your Own platform has changed, at least for 530e.

Before you chose your base model then after color, interior, etc, you chose Packages, which included a Luxury and M Sport package. There was also a Premium package with certain things that really should be standard (Comfort Access).

Now you initially select a "line" - Sport, Luxury or M Sport. Then you choose a "tier" for that line - base, or Premium, or Executive. Each features options or parts of packages previously offered. This is all before any other selection, such as color.

As far as I can tell, pricing hasn't really changed. It's just differently calculated. The only other difference I notice is that there is no longer an "iPerformance deletion" for most colors other than the standard white/black/gray/silver. Before if you chose a blue or the beautiful Atlas Cedar (what a dumb name), there'd be a pop-up telling you you are selecting iPerformance features deletion. No longer happens. So I guess every color now gets the little blue highlights.

I saw Bluestone in person for first time and was a bit disappointed that there's not much blue in it, at least in that dealer's showroom lighting. It looked like a medium gray. If anything, it had a faint light green tint. If it had looked a bit more blue, I'd be taken with it.

I'm ordering for January, when my lease on our 2nd vehicle ends. My SA said I should place the order start of October, so I have a couple more weeks to decide. If anyone sees any more changes on Build Your Own that I didn't notice, let us know.
Appreciate 0