View Single Post
      08-31-2016, 05:53 AM   #2
allachie9
Grumpy Old Man
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

My 5D111 + L lenses produces incredibly detailed images and super image quality.
I'm sure your settings are very similar to mine, except maybe that because of the images I take, I normally have One Shot AF selected and single point AF.

However, whilst initially they may look sharp, I firmly believe that every digital image (from whatever camera) requires at least a little post-capture sharpening. Obviously the taking aperture can also affect how sharp the image appears.

I process the RAW files in ARC and, in addition to all the usual WB and exposure stuff, I apply a little CVS (clarity, vibrance and saturation). How much to apply is subjective and I have a small preset which applies what I think brings out the best in my images from the 5D3.
The RAW file is then saved as a TIFF. When I open up the TIFF file generally the only adjustment then needed is to apply a 'little' sharpening. As there are so many ways to sharpen an image, I still find that my settings in Unsharp Mask work best for me.
Hope this helps and I'm not telling you stuff you already take into account.

An example - 5D3 + 24-105L

Last edited by allachie9; 08-31-2016 at 06:02 AM..
Appreciate 2
M_Six16882.50
sirdaft12202.50