bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLSinCO View Post
DHP - I kind of like the DHP - certainly eliminates roll through the corners and seems to absorb bumps fairly decently. I've read a lot of debate of this option vs the "standard" sports tuned suspension offered on the M550i and if I were to do it all over again, I am not sure it is worth the money...I rode in an M550i without DHP and the difference was slight which is why I mention the cost differential. The DHP does have a smaller turn radius which is cool, but backing into a space is a little tricky because when the rear wheels steer you forget and wonder "Why am I not backing into this space straight?" :-)

Leather Dash - definitely a nice upgrade but has nothing to do with usability/drivability. The standard black is nice but regardless I recommend to use a sun visor unless you have home/work garage parking.

Ceramic Controls - to be honest, it's kind of a PITA. It's hard to keep them clean (mine have the black piano finish) because your finger oils show. But when clean they look and feel good.

4 zone climate - OK, I don't think my car was offered with this but I don't carry passengers in the back seat. I believe I do have rear seat warmers and the standard Hot/cold dial in the rear of the center console but not a proper zoned climate control system.

Just in my humble opinion, I do not think you are missing out without those options especially when it comes to usability for your new car.

The other options I have include the B&W sound (it is nice but not worth the premium over the HK especially at normal listening levels, and if you take the time to tune the HK (I had this in my last car) it can sound very nice. The fact that they speakers are lit with LED lighting is a cool factor though....

Also have the Night Vision - this is neat - I can see coyotes, rabbits, and occasionally people walking their dogs like the military and police choppers LOL. It's only warned me a few times so again strictly from a monetary perspective it's probably not worth it. But from a cool factor it's something that would have me thinking to order again...

Believe it or not one of the pleasant surprises I've grown to like a lot is the powered rear sun shade option...

But I think you got all the necessary options that help make the package of performance, technology and luxury dialed in. Those seats are amazing - it will take you some time to go through the myriad of adjustments possible! One neat thing - you can actually configure the side bolsters to squeeze you tighter when you engage in Sports Mode for example to do this automatically simply by pressing the Sports mode switch. Heating for the seats and steering wheel is excellent, but cooling is not overly perceptible...

Congrats again and happy for you.
Wow that is a great summary! Thank you for the detailed write up. Appreciate your insight.

I do agree with you that I think the car will be great with the options I got and the ones you mentioned aren't absolutely essential. It is good to know that I won't have to think about it too much and now just enjoy the car for what it is.
Mediterranean Blue with Ivory White Nappa, Gray Poplar, Driving Assistance Plus, Premium, Exec, Parking Assistance, Heated Steering, Front+Rear Heated Seats, 20" Individual V-Spoke wheels 759i, 19" Style 786M winter wheels, Euro Amber Rear Turn Signals
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 0