bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bymep View Post
Regarding DHP, leather dash and ceramic controls, i have all 3.

I’m not overly impressed with the leather dash, but it doesn’t cost much compared to total car price, and it does add to the interior. The leather dash that comes with individual leather is much better, but this wasn’t for me as i didnt want ventilated seats you have to get with ind leather

I like the look and feel of ceramic controls. I have a nice cloth to clean, but i dont feel i need to do it often

I also like DHP. Reversing with active steering is weird until you get used to it. Appreciate the small turn radius. It is significant. Otherwise, i find the differences in suspension nebulous, as have many others. It’s not like you feel a big difference from a car without DHP, but i can say that the suspension seems to actively firm up as needed. I _think_ it is doing a lot, but it’s not like its super firm all the time. FYI, i exclusively drive in sport or sport plus
Agree with your points. Between ceramic controls and leather dash, I think the leather dash would improve the look more, but it's something you don't touch often. The controls you interact with more. Toss up for me.

I'm curious if the standard M550i with DDC or Adaptive Drive*is the same suspension as DHP. I figured it was and DHP on this model just adds IAS + Active Roll Control. Something I would love to have ordered but had to skip.
Mediterranean Blue with Ivory White Nappa, Gray Poplar, Driving Assistance Plus, Premium, Exec, Parking Assistance, Heated Steering, Front+Rear Heated Seats, 20" Individual V-Spoke wheels 759i, 19" Style 786M winter wheels, Euro Amber Rear Turn Signals
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 0