04-27-2023, 12:38 PM   #52
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully57 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and have joined to get some help on a few stressful things.

I have a UK G31 530d xDrive 2017.

I have modified my front headlights and installed RGB angel eyes. They have 3 wires. red for +, black for - and white for ignition.

I would like the lights to turn on when unlocking the car, id like them to stay on whilst the car is running and finally turn off after a few minutes when I lock the car and walk away.

What fuse is suitable in the front drivers side footwell fuse box. I believe it is the Z44 fuse panel and I assumed f59 and f50 used for dashcam is maybe similar to what I want.

I am also unsure if i would need to tap into 2 fuses, if the red cable is connected to positive on the battery wouldn’t it stay on always?

Appreciate everyone’s help,

Sully
Welcome to the forum! I did this for a dashcam a while back, but I don't remember the fuse number and that particular car is gone, so I can't look now. You should be able to find a circuit, either by reading the schematic or simply trial and error, which is what I did. Look for something related to the radio or perhaps the power seats, which I think is what I did and it worked like you described, although perhaps shuts off once you lock the car.

I suspect, although just guessing, that the red is your power and the white is the "trigger" that actually turns the light on and off. So yes, the red would be wired directly (with fuse) to the battery positive, and the white to a switched source in the fuse box. The instructions should explain that.

Good luck!
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0